Monday, May 4, 2009

What is optimal web 2.0 set up to tag, bookmark, digg, stumble upon, my web, etc? Confusing.?

I want to begin again, so to speak, on the web with a new name, new blogs, and new ways to keep track of favorite sites and important articles. I want recommendations for the best programs to use. Even Yahoo seems to have duplication: there's bookmarks and delicious and my web--do they serve the same function? I guess My Web is Digg? What about Stumble Upon?.... Then there's email: Google Mail seems the best because of the way in which it follows back-and-forth emails and because of the icon that lights up when you have mail and allows you to preview the new mail. What do you all think? Is it important to do most things within the same company--for example, stick with Yahoo for all? Tell me how you do Web 2.0. Very interested!! Oh, and now I'm using Flock too....Thanks.

What is optimal web 2.0 set up to tag, bookmark, digg, stumble upon, my web, etc? Confusing.?
lol





To what point? Will you really use all those features?





If you really want to overload yourself with web features, get Firefox, and download as many extensions as you like. Then play with them. I suppose you can waste as much time doing this as you like, but you will get no more productivity. There are a few really great extensions, and the firefox site even has a list of them, but in general most of these features are niche features meant not for mainstream browsing but for people who need specifically that implimentation. That's why there are so many of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment