Thursday, November 19, 2009

Do I even need a USB 2.0 web cam?

I have a Pentium 4, 1.6 Gig 256RAM laptop


They say cams consume a lot of working memory on a pc


Do you think I even need a fast trnsfer USB 2 cam like 1.3mp one?


I mean how do I find out if my laptop can even handle it...(I do have a USB 2.0 port)


do you know or had similar issues...


Any help appreciated till death do us part

Do I even need a USB 2.0 web cam?
USB 2.0 device has a much faster tranfer rate than usb 1.xx. All you need is a usb 2.0 port and you're good too go. USB 2.0 is also backward compatible with older usb 1.xx. Higher transfer rates will give you better picture quality on video---1.3 Megapixel is ok for web cam, 2-3 Mp is even better.
Reply:I have this problem with my PC when I installed USB cable in it it told me the USB port I have was lower than that but it worked my camera is working fine , I think you have no problem using it.


No comments:

Post a Comment