Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lg Voyager? Verizon Mobile Web 2.0? Help!!!!!?

I'm getting the LG Voyager for Christmas, I was considering changing my plan to the unlimited mobile web plan. My question is, is it worth it? I mean will I be able to surf the web just as if I'm on a PC, or am I limited to the sites verizon allows. Also will the web experience be relatively fast or would it be like dial up on a pc?





Please answer indepthly and the more info you can give me the better. You dont have to rush to be the first answer, points will be given to the most accurate and indepth response.

Lg Voyager? Verizon Mobile Web 2.0? Help!!!!!?
The voyager does have full HTML capabilities, so you will be able to view virtually any site you like. However, depending on the extensiveness of the site, the phone may respond a little sluggish. When it comes to loading HTML pages, few can match the Verizon network for speed. In terms of cost... If you're on the America's Choice plan, it simply costs you airtime (plus a $5/mo access fee). If you are on the replacement to the America's Choice (called Nationwide), there is no monthly access fee OR airtime charges for using the mobile web, however there is a $1.99/Mb usage fee. Basically even though the Voyager is capable of full HTML browsing, it is billed through Verizon the same as Mobile Web is on the non-HTML phones. So if you know you'll do a lot of web surfing, I'd get the Vcast Vpak for $15/mo that covers ALL data usage charges. Check out my profile for more information if you like... hope this helps! Good luck!!
Reply:The whole concept of Mobile Web is to allow you to access websites, knowing that you can't get the experience of a full-blown website on a cellphone.





VZW doesn't necessarily limit where you want to go. In fact, from my experience, they don't. What _does_ limit you are the websites that can issue mobile-based webpages. For instance, Yahoo Mobile is not as fully loaded as the Yahoo you see on your PC, but it does fine for getting what you need, including email and news.





Speed is limited by what's supported, both over the air and your phone.





In the end, I wouldn't be dumping your ISP for your computer in favor of your cellphone exclusively. Think of your cellphone as supplementary access.


No comments:

Post a Comment