Monday, November 16, 2009

What is the difference between 3g and Web 2.0 on mobile phones?

I'm looking into mobile phones and I would like fast web browsing. Some phones feature 3g while others list Web 2.0? Has anyone heard about the "rugged" Gz One phone by Verizon? I'm terribly rough on phones and this one sounds like it's for me. It doesn't have a music player however. Can anyone tell me if they like their phones with music players? What are the benefits? I have and i pod that seems to work for my music needs. How loud are these phones? Features on mobile phones can be so confusing! Help!?

What is the difference between 3g and Web 2.0 on mobile phones?
Web 2.0 is a formatting. It displays color and pictures in a WAP (Phone) browser.


3G is a speed thing. How fast you send and recieve data. If you aren't a heavy data user, 3G means nothing. 3G EV-DO on Verizon is one of the fastest data connections you can get.


The GzOne phones are fun toys. Seriously fun. You should have seen a girls face when I dropped my coworkers phone from 4 feet on purpose. He didn't care, because it's MIL spec'd for shock, dust and water. He told me it took a dip in his new pool and the pool guys building it went nuts. He took his time, pulled it out and made a call.


Honestly, these are awesome phones for the careless, or just those wanting to have fun.


Phones as MP3 players...not as useful as you would think. I got a 30GB player and a phone. The only media I use my phone for is to show my son a movie when we're out and about and he gets anxious.
Reply:3g is like dial up and 2.0 is probably their version of broadband. as for the other questions i have no clue b/c i work for sprint not verizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment