Thursday, November 19, 2009

Technical feasibility for my web 2.0 start up.?

I was wondering if you guys could determine the technical feasibility of an idea I have. It is a sort of text SMS reminders on demand web application. Essentially, a user signs up for the service, where they will have two columns to input information they want to remember. One column would be information such as "driver's license," "John Doe's home address," "Jane Doe's work Phone number." On the other column there would be the actual information (12345678, 123 sesame st. new york ny 10012, (123) 4567890). They save this information, so when they forget this information, all they would have to do is text on their cell phone "driver's license number" to a special number and the service would text back 12345678. Same thing for the other information.





It doesn't really matter what language or framework I will use to build this app, most likely the ubiquitous php/mysql combination. Also any feedback on the idea itself would be great as well.





Thanks!

Technical feasibility for my web 2.0 start up.?
That's certainly possible. You can do this with really any programming language PHP probably the best though.





A couple of things that you might want to realize about it and I'm sure that you probably have but I will mention them anyway.





Cost. You would need to set this up through a service provider. Clickatell.com is a very popular one that has some decetn rates. You need to realize that each SMS message costs to go out so just be aware of that.





Security would need to be really tight with this if it ever got into the wrog hands it could be disatrous. So some kind of security would need to be devised.





Just a though on the whole idea.....I think that it is great. I Think it would be cool to implement some kind of a backup service for phones so that if something happened to the phone all the information stored on the phone would be backed up somehow names, addresses, emails,music...etc. I know I've lost my phone that had all my contacts in them and it took me a long time to get this back.





Just my thoughts. If you need any more advice I do web programming and could advise you on costs and technology involved./

americal dental

No comments:

Post a Comment